Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pink Magnolias


I have just finished doing this painting in my class. It was painted over a couple of sessions and with more detail than I normally put in landscape paintings, but it is just the way I feel I have to paint these flowers.

I selected this subject so my students could learn how to do more detailed work as well as how to use masking liquid with their watercolor painting.

The painting was done on Arches 300 g.s.m. cold press paper, size is a quarter sheet (37cm x 27cm).

I will be putting this up on my painting with watercolor web site as a demonstration in a little while.

Happy painting,

Joe Cartwright
www.paintingwithwatercolors.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Mr. Cartwright,
I coudn't go away without leaving a comment for that beautiful work.
I am really delighted with it.
Magnolias are so delicate...