Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reflections and Shadows when Painting with Watercolors


Figure 1: Reflections of buildings and boats, Mevagissey, Cornwall, UK



I have just posted an article on my Painting With Watercolors web site covering the topic of shadows and reflections with watercolor.

It is not meant to be an exhaustive article but more one that covers some point I have found students often have difficulty with their watercolor painting of these subjects.

I have just recently returned from a five week overseas trip during which I collected some very useful photographs on the subject of reflections and shadows which I have included in the article.

The article can be found here: Painting reflections and shadows

Happy painting,

Joe Cartwright
www.paintingwithwatercolors.com

No comments: