Monday, October 3, 2011

My Watercolor Painting Book

I have been overseas for the past month so my posting has been non existent during that time so I figured I had better catch up.

My main news is that I have been writing a book about painting with watercolors. It is basically a manual of what I have learnt and what I teach my students with regard to watercolor painting, along with lots of images of my paintings as references. So far I have written about 30,000 words and have about another 5,000 to go. This will hopefully result in a book of about 130 pages once images are included. I will initially make it available in electronic format but I am also considering producing a printed version as well. A lot of the material will still be on my Painting With Watercolors web site but this will be a lot more concise, convenient and obviously advertisement free! Still lots to sort out, not the least of which is the actual layout, price and distribution. It has been very useful for me already in helping to clarify just what I consider important to my way of painting with watercolor and what is not. Anyway I will keep you updated on progress.

Happy painting,

Joe

No comments: