Monday, November 21, 2011

Grose River, Yarramundi, NSW

Watercolor landscape painting of the Grose river, Yarramundi, NSW
I painted this watercolor from a photo I took of this scene earlier this year. One week after taking the photo I visited the same location to do some plein air painting and the whole area was flooded from recent rains which made for quite a different painting.

I was mainly inspired to paint this because of the way the river meandered into the distance.
This watercolor painting was done on a quarter sheet of Arches 300 gsm rough paper.

Happy painting,

Joe

3 comments:

Clem said...

Wonderful ! And how subtle is the light !

Studio at the Farm said...

Beautifully painted scene, Joe. The light and the water are so lovely!

Joe Cartwright said...

Thank you to both of you for your comments. It was a fun painting for me to do.